the lost country

you know, now, I try to move to Europe, I try to become closer to foreigners, I try to write in english more, I can translate any phrase or idioma, but... to explain nuances of russian quotes I have to explain from which film\book\person it came, and here I crash with... you know nothing. Nothing from so big slice of culture. As every person, who doesn't know something - you don't care about it. It is not mentality, it is international ignorance. I know, I know, I saw people, russian people, the same - people didn't read to kill the mockingbird - and he thinks - so what? Nothing. You are nothing. And even don't know, what you missed. But I know so awesome foreigners - and I know, that they are just unwilling victims of culture limits, I know, that so many amazing, great things and ideas would be liked by them, but they just can't know about it. They haven't the units of attention for themselves interest, and global spreading goes so hard...
But, anyway, russian educated people know the legacy of other countries, we know about all your cult films, books, poetry, of every country, every, even so small, as Denmark. But whole world doesn't know the legacy of whole big country - no, I don't talk about Russia - you know old Russia - Gorkiy, Tolstoy, Pushkin, bears and vodka, tsar and hat-of-Hannibal)) You know about new Russia - Putin, matryoshka, Putin's diktat, crazy new laws... but you know nothing about USSR's culture. really, nothing, and so, your films and books about it are so silly and ignorantive. You just know nothing about culture age of whole age. Yes, you know about that politics, but nothing about culture. Because of it, cultural limits are... well, because of it, you can crash into arrogance of russian. Just because of culture ignorance.

Комментарии